Taxes are not enough
There is a common misconception that State and local property taxes provide enough funding for an exceptional education. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
01. California spends $1,000 less per student than the national average
02. Prop 13 drastically altered the amount of property taxes available to public schools, leaving massive financial gaps in funding
02. Funding provided by PTAs (Parent Teacher Associations) and local Education Foundations helps to bridge those gaps
PTAs ≠ Foundations
The difference between PTAs and Education Foundations
01. Field Trips
02. School site community events
Education Foundations Fund:
01. Music, art, technology instruction
02. STEM, GATE, SEAL (specialized learning programs)
03. Professional development
See What We Fund
We Need Your Support
We have to fund the schools and the community that we want for ourselves and our children. Help support San Bruno’s public schools by becoming an SBEF Supporter today.